Webservice very slow on first call

Carlos Hernandez

I have created a webservice, it is used by a webpage. The first time I
connect to the page, the connection is very slow, it takes like 6 seconds to
validate the user, I am working on my machine debuging. But it is only the
first time, every other webservice used during the session is very fast, is
this a normal behavior, or I have somehting wrong? Thanks.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Hi Carlos,

This sounds normal, although a bit slow. The first time the Web service is
called, ASP.NET has to compile it and get it into memory. After that, it
should run fast as you say.