WebServices and More, FTP/Grid

Berlin Brown

General Question:

I have been working with SOAP and webservices on the side, I have been
looking at the amazon webservices and google soap queries etc. My
question, it seems like soap is used for queries webservices, is there
anything more you can do with public webservices, like public ftp
sites? Are there cool public webservices applications out there?