    If I request my webservice from my ASP.NET web app. and my apps session state out lives the webservices session state

    Thx in adv.
    /Hans
    Hans, Feb 27, 2004

  2. Hans

    Jan Tielens Guest

    By default web service calls are stateless. But there are "work-arounds".
    For more info check this article for example:
    http://tinyurl.com/6358
    Using ASP.NET Session State in a Web Service
    Introduction
    One of the most common challenges that Web developers encounter is
    maintaining state in the stateless world of HTTP. There have been a number
    of clever means used to get around the stateless issue, from reposting
    application data with each request, to using HTTP authentication to map
    requests to specific users, to using HTTP cookies to preserve the state of a
    series of requests. One particularly clever way of maintaining state that
    hides all the challenging work below is to simply use the Microsoft® ASP.NET
    System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState class. You can use the ASP.NET
    HttpSessionState class from a Web method just as you can from ASPX pages,
    but things work a little differently for Web methods.

    --
    Greetz

    Jan Tielens

    Jan Tielens, Feb 27, 2004