Webservices and session state

Hans

When I create a webservice i have settings for session state

How does session state apply to webservice

Is there a new session for every request or for every proxy
What happens when it time out

If I request my webservice from my ASP.NET web app. and my apps session state out lives the webservices session state

Thx in adv.
/Hans

Jan Tielens

By default web service calls are stateless. But there are "work-arounds".
For more info check this article for example:
http://tinyurl.com/6358
Using ASP.NET Session State in a Web Service
Introduction
One of the most common challenges that Web developers encounter is
maintaining state in the stateless world of HTTP. There have been a number
of clever means used to get around the stateless issue, from reposting
application data with each request, to using HTTP authentication to map
requests to specific users, to using HTTP cookies to preserve the state of a
series of requests. One particularly clever way of maintaining state that
hides all the challenging work below is to simply use the Microsoft® ASP.NET
System.Web.SessionState.HttpSessionState class. You can use the ASP.NET
HttpSessionState class from a Web method just as you can from ASPX pages,
but things work a little differently for Web methods.

--
Greetz

Jan Tielens