WebServices and straight XML POST

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by apoc69@gmx.net, Feb 15, 2006.

  1. Guest

    hey folks,

    i am pretty new to web services and here is my first question:
    I have a /Order.asmx where other customers can post theire orders via
    theire SAP Business Connector. The Order.asmx has a

    public string Post( string xml ) {}

    Method. So everybody can post theire order xmls theire.
    But here comes my issue:

    The SAP business connector post xmls like this:

    POST /Orders.asmx HTTP/1.0

    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <.......>

    as you see, there is no parameter like:
    xml=<?xml version...

    so how i can handle that?!

    thanks.

    , Feb 15, 2006

  2. wrote:

    > The SAP business connector post xmls like this:
    >
    > POST /Orders.asmx HTTP/1.0
    >
    > <?xml version="1.0"?>
    > <.......>

    > so how i can handle that?!

    You don't need a web service then, a HTTP handler that accesses the
    request stream will do.
    <http://samples.gotdotnet.com/quickstart/aspplus/doc/httphandlers.aspx>

    --

    Martin Honnen --- MVP XML