    have webservice which called from apl.Apl have 100 threads , but the iis
    w3wp process have only 30 threads . Where is trouble ?
    thanx

    Marek G., Mar 2, 2010

  2. Marek G.

    Patrice Guest

    Not sure what is "apl.Apl" but if you mean that you are simulating 100
    clients calling the web service at the same time, this is perhaps not a
    problem. The idea is that ASP.NET allocates a number of threads and if one
    request ends quickly then the same thread is available and can be reused for
    the next request so it doesn't need 100 threads...

    Else clarify a bit as it is not clear where you see you have 100 threads...

    --
    Patrice

    : ...

    Patrice, Mar 3, 2010

  3. Marek G.

    Patrice Guest

  4. Marek G.

    Marek G. Guest

    Marek G., Mar 3, 2010
  5. Marek G.

    Marek G. Guest

    Marek G., Mar 3, 2010
  6. Marek G.

    Patrice Guest

    Ok so see the article above.

    My understanding is that you have a client application that calls a service
    on multiple (too much ?) threads. Server side it is processed by a number of
    threads that is not necessarily related to the number of requests (requests
    could be queued) to avoid overflowing the server (12 requests per CPU by
    default under IIS7 according the the article). As shown in the article you
    have some settings to change this but keep in mind that at some point it
    could be counter-productive.
    --
    Patrice

    : OdxRN#...