Webservices - can I post back the response to the client as a html page

narmathabala

Hello,

My business client communicates with the server through a url link.
The link will be something like
www.justforsample/webservicefunction?parameter1=value&parameter2=value2
My webservice will get the result back from the server.
Now, my client expects the response in a html format. Something similar

<HTML><HEAD><TITLE>application name </TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
<TABLE>
<TR>
<TD>DATA</TD>
<TD>response message</TD>
</TR>
</TABLE>
</BODY></HTML>

Can anyone tell me how to send the html source back as a response.
Thanks in advance,
Narmatha

jkf35

I would assume there is a reason you are doing it this way. Does the
HTML need to be cleanly formatted as XML? Is it ok to have the HTML
just returned as a string? Does the client have a specific application
in mind?

If not, Josh is right. A good ol' webpage is the way to go.

- John Fullmer