Webservices - can I post back the response to the client as a html page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by narmathabala@gmail.com, Apr 22, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    My business client communicates with the server through a url link.
    The link will be something like
    www.justforsample/webservicefunction?parameter1=value&parameter2=value2
    My webservice will get the result back from the server.
    Now, my client expects the response in a html format. Something similar

    <HTML><HEAD><TITLE>application name </TITLE></HEAD><BODY>
    <TABLE>
    <TR>
    <TD>DATA</TD>
    <TD>response message</TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>
    </BODY></HTML>

    Can anyone tell me how to send the html source back as a response.
    Thanks in advance,
    Narmatha
    , Apr 22, 2006

  2. Josh Twist Guest

    Then you should probably just use an old fashioned web page (aspx) -
    what you describe isn't a webservice.

    Josh
    http://www.thejoyofcode.com/
    Josh Twist, Apr 24, 2006

  3. jkf35 Guest

    I would assume there is a reason you are doing it this way. Does the
    HTML need to be cleanly formatted as XML? Is it ok to have the HTML
    just returned as a string? Does the client have a specific application
    in mind?

    If not, Josh is right. A good ol' webpage is the way to go.

    - John Fullmer
    jkf35, Apr 25, 2006