Webservices development

Google User

Is it necessary to make all files used in a webservices project
available through IIS? I would like to keep the code and other
development files separate from the test deployment of the project.
Is this possible? If I try to only deploy those files necessary to
run the web service, I get the following error when I try to open the
project:

"Unable to get the project file from the web server"

Can I just hack the lines in the .sln and .webinfo files to point to a
UNC file path instead of my localhost URL? I thought about just
trying that, but I'd like to know if I might cause myself more
problems. Please tell me that it is possible to develop a Microsoft
Webservice project without exposing all of the code through IIS.

Thanks,

Jon

Jeff Dillon

I always use Copy Project from the Project menu, and then choose "Only files
needed to run.."

Jeff