WebServices file access problem with UNC Name.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Julien Petit-Pasquier, Jul 23, 2003.

  1. Hi everybody,

    First of all, I know that the question has been asked many times, but
    I've never seen the answer till now :

    I have a WebService running on a computer with impersonation set to
    true in its web.config file (checked, has good windowsidentity). One
    of its webmethods needs to write a file to another computer's disk
    through an UNC name.
    I have correctly set the rights on that computer, which I checked by
    creating a file on this computer when logged under the impersonated
    account under windows.
    The question is quite obvious : I get a file access error when I try
    to write the file from the WebService. So how could I correct this ?

    Access to the path "xxx" is denied.

    (I run W2K Server on webservice server and file server)

    Thank you in advance,

    Julien Petit-Pasquier

    Julien Petit-Pasquier, Jul 23, 2003