    a way you can tell whether this web service is open to the public or
    not?

    Thanks,

    Ludwig Wittgenstein, Mar 19, 2007

  2. This is one of those "it depends" kind of answers.

    If the user has specified the WS_Security, you should be able to see the
    security requirements, like an X.509 certificate. But, many are using ideas
    like adding an ID for the customer (GUID or similar) and you cannot tell by
    simply querying the service. If the service is published in a public arena
    and still working, you should be fine. Otherwise, you will have to look at
    the site and/or contact the owner.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Mar 26, 2007