Webservices & Server Unavailable

robby valles

My company has a large windows form app with the datalayer being
webservices. pretty randomly the webservice calls will either be very
slow or i'll get the server unavailable. there are times when it won't
happen all day. a lot of these webservices are simple requests that
query data and return a dataset. when the server unavailable error
happens all clients connected to the webserver through the same
webservice uri will get the error message. we're about to release this
application and we're still having trouble solving this one. I've seen
a lot of posts about this problem but none have seemed to be the same
to me. This webserver is not a domain controller. it is running on the
windows 2000 sp4 os with .net 1.1

thanks,

-robby

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

Is there a virus scanner running? That has been known to cause application
resets.