webservices sessions only work in debug mode ?????

Antonio Lopez Arredondo

hi all !!!

I have developed a web service that uses sessions (enablesession=true in
webmethod attributes).

The web service works fine when called from the development environment or
from visual studio generated test pages.

However, when the same web service is called from a WinForms applicattion of
from an ASP.NET page running outside the debugger the session doesn't work.

is this by design or am I making a mistake ?

thanks in advance,
ant

Ing. Luis Alberto Calderon

See:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnservice/h
tml/service08062002.asp

You have to add the CookieContainer to the webservice.

As this,

System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
Dim proxy As New localhost.Service1()
Dim ret As Integer
' Set the Cookie Container on the proxy
If Cookies Is Nothing Then
Cookies = New System.Net.CookieContainer()
End If
proxy.CookieContainer = Cookies
ret = proxy.IncrementSessionCounter()
Label1.Text = "Result: " & CStr(ret)