    I want to store response in DB and load same objects again as needed.

    P.S. I use wsdl generated proxy classes.

    TIA!

    Ivan Demkovitch, Nov 13, 2003

  2. Ivan,
    Here is some info from Visual Studio docs. However, be aware that an XML Web
    service is accessed through the RemotingClientProxy class objects. This
    means that the Timeout property shown below is found in the
    RemotingClientProxy class. Reading the docs on this says this Timeout value
    is only for synchrounous calls.

    When you are stepping into an XML Web service from calling code, the call
    may sometimes time out, with the result being that you cannot continue
    debugging. You may see an error message such as this.

    An unhandled exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in
    system.Web.services.dll
    Additional information: The operation has timed-out.Solution
    To avoid this problem, set the timeout value for the XML Web service call to
    infinite, as shown in this example:

    Service1 obj = new Service1();
    obj.Timeout = -1; // infinite time out.

    Regards,
    Gery

    --
    Gery D. Dorazio
    Development Engineer

    EnQue Corporation
    1334 Queens Road
    Charlotte, NC 28207
    (704) 377-3327
    "Ivan Demkovitch" <> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    >
    > I have 2 questions:
    >
    > 1. Is there any way to set timeout value when I call web service?
    >
    > 2. Is there any way to store web service response as a string so I can

    later

    Gery D. Dorazio, Nov 14, 2003