    a big deal for performance on the server/network. I've not kept up with SQL
    since last fall so I'm a bit out of touch on that.....any input anyone??

    I really appreciate anything I can get hold of here.
    Tim Greenwood, Sep 28, 2005

  2. Tim Greenwood

    Helen Guest

    Hi Tim,

    I agree as well. If you are only performing internal data retreival
    functions there isnt an overwhelming advantage to creating a Web Service.
    I will look into your question about SQL 2005 and attempt to answer it shortly

    Helen, Oct 4, 2005

  3. Tim...

    It depends...
    Both versions have their own merits and demerits.
    If you have a many number of appplications using a common functionality,
    it makes sense to use web service. Because in case if you need to change the
    logic of that method...you only need to change it in the web service and
    nowhere else.
    if you just have one or two applcations...then you can think of SP in the
    application.
    As I said before...It depends on the scenario. Hope that helps to make your
    decision.

    -- Kumar Shetgar

    Kumar Shetgar, Oct 6, 2005