    case, but just needed confirmation one way or the other. Thanks.

    --
    J. D
    JD, Jul 18, 2005

  2. JD

    Brock Allen Guest

    WebServices (if you're using HTTP) is just any other HTTP application. So
    whatever port you configure your app to run under is the port that you'll
    need open in the firewall.

    -Brock
    DevelopMentor
    http://staff.develop.com/ballen

    Brock Allen, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Port 80.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    The sun never sets on
    the Kingdom of Heaven

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 18, 2005
  4. Port 80 is the default, which is the same as a standard web page. Therefore
    it's unlikely there will be firewall problems assuming standard web pages
    can get through.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr, MCSD, MVP

    Steve C. Orr [MVP, MCSD], Jul 18, 2005
  5. JD

    JD Guest

    Thanks for your replies, greatly appreciated.

    JD, Jul 18, 2005
  6. JD

    Bruce Barker Guest

    they use the port number of the iis site they are hosted under. the default
    site is typically port 80.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    Bruce Barker, Jul 18, 2005