WebSite Admin Tool settings Q

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Justin Dutoit, Mar 28, 2008.

  1. Hi gents. After using the Website Administration Tool from Visual Studio 8
    (trial version), all the changes I saw in the web.config file were
    <roleManager enabled="true" />

    I thought all the following would be in the web.config file (the following
    is from a hand written web.config file of mine). I also thought the Access
    Rules would be in web.config in a <location> area(see bottom of this post).
    Where are the access rules stored, and should I put membership in my
    web.config by hand? ...

    <membership defaultProvider="AspNetSqlProvider"
    userIsOnlineTimeWindow="15">
    <providers>
    <add name="AspNetSqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider,
    System.Web,
    Version=1.2.3300.0,
    Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"
    connectionStringName="sqlclient"
    enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
    enablePasswordReset="true"
    requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
    requiresUniqueEmail="false"
    passwordFormat="Hashed" />
    </providers>
    </membership>

    <roleManager enabled="true"
    cacheRolesInCookie="true"
    cookieName=".ASPXROLES"
    cookieTimeout="30"
    cookiePath="/"
    cookieRequireSSL="false"
    cookieSlidingExpiration="true"
    cookieProtection="All"
    defaultProvider="AspNetSqlProvider">

    <providers>
    <add name="AspNetSqlProvider"
    type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider"
    connectionStringName="sqlclient" />
    </providers>

    </roleManager>

    <!-- Only Administrators are allowed to see the AdministratorsPage.aspx
    page -->
    <location path="AdministratorsPage.aspx">
    <system.web>
    <authorization>
    <allow roles="Administrators" />
    <deny users="*" />