WebSite Administration Tool

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Laurence, Jun 25, 2007.

  1. Laurence

    Laurence Guest

    Hi all,

    I have been trying to set up a Webstie Administration Tool - Virtual
    Directory and have hit a couple of issues!

    I have set the site up as Integrated security and access the pages through
    this link

    http://localhost/WebAdmin/default.a...0727\ASP.NETWebAdminFiles\&applicationUrl=/PI

    All seems to be fine except the site says it is using Windows authentication
    so you can't add users.....

    So I set the site to Forms authentication and yes I can add users but I
    can't find them after I have added them.

    I mention the 2 security modes as when you login with integrated \ or from
    VS it displays the current username, with forms based it does not.

    And yes you can see the user that was added from the virtual directory web
    site when you use VS, so the applicationName is correct. So why can't I
    search and manage users I have added on the stand alone site?

    Any suggestions appreciated
    Thanks

    Laurence, Jun 25, 2007