Website charging

William Tasso

nice.guy.nige said:
... If that product is 100% tax deductable, then that is £100
that I don't have to pay in tax. Simplified figures and analogy, of
course...

Too simple I fear. ITYM ... that is £100 [of income] that I don't have to
pay [tax on].

IANAA etc.

nice.guy.nige

While the city slept said:
nice.guy.nige said:
... If that product is 100% tax deductable, then that is £100
that I don't have to pay in tax. Simplified figures and analogy, of
course...

Too simple I fear. ITYM ... that is £100 [of income] that I don't
have to pay [tax on].

IANAA etc.

I just remember the classic words of a friend of mine... he runs a
technology business which I have done some (freelance) work for. A couple of
years I have been invited to the company's christmas meal at a local
restaurant. His words were "What we don't spend tonight, the taxman gets".
They were fine meals! ;-)

Cheers,
Nige

--
Nigel Moss.

Email address is not valid. (e-mail address removed). Take the dog out!
"How strange the change from major to minor..."

Geoff Ball

5 pounds a page if there's not much in the way of graphics, 10 pounds a
page if they want to add a ton of ads on it.
Charge more depending on how intense and time consuming it is to you.
If they want it that bad, they'll pay.

"That bad?" That's not even minimum wage. I sincerely hope no one is
charging such a miniscule amount, as that completely undercuts the rest of
the web designers trying to make a living.

That's a burger flipper's wage, not a web designer's.

Regards,
Geoff

Someone Else

William Tasso said:
nice.guy.nige said:
... If that product is 100% tax deductable, then that is £100
that I don't have to pay in tax. Simplified figures and analogy, of
course...

Too simple I fear. ITYM ... that is £100 [of income] that I don't have to
pay [tax on].

IANAA etc.
Here in the US, you would not only save by not paying income tax on the
money spent, but you would also be able to depreciate the asset itself and
save some tax dollars there as well.

Me

Nicolai P. Zwar

Geoff said:
"That bad?" That's not even minimum wage. I sincerely hope no one is
charging such a miniscule amount, as that completely undercuts the rest of
the web designers trying to make a living.

That danger is not so big I believe, because not too many people out
there would be able to design web pages for that kind of money. I'd
rather mow somebody's lawn for that kind of money.
That's a burger flipper's wage, not a web designer's.

I agree completely. In fact, it's not even burger flipping wage, because
it is impossible to design, program, upload, and test a webpage in just
an hour, which you would have to do just to get to burger flipping wage.
It's okay if you're a beginner and all you're doing is some template
adjustment of already existing pages, so you can do ten to twenty pages
an hour. That's basically just manual labor. But for "designing" a
page... Not a chance.