Website choice in MSI deployment projects

Rich Lund

I've posted in the MSI group but just in case someone else has run into
this. If you use website deployment projects you might be able to help me:

It seems recent changes to Windows Installer (we've noticed it in installs
created with VS2005) mean that the user can now choose which website our
application is installed into aswell as the name of the virtual directory
(it used to be just the latter). Whilst this is welcome from the perspective
of our end-users, it does cause us a problem in our internal builds. We
automatically deploy using msiexec in silent mode and this new functionality
now means that our installs go into the "Administration Website" - the first
item in the list when you view the UI.

Is there some way to pass the _website_ target when doing a silent msiexec
installation? I know about the TARGETDIR property but passing that in the
command line does not seem to have any effect and probably isn't what we
want anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Rich