Website does not work without network connection

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Papa.Coen, Mar 15, 2006.

  1. Papa.Coen

    Papa.Coen Guest

    Hi, I have a problem with my website (aspx/c#); I get a 'Server
    Application Unavailable' when the host (127.0.0.1/localhost) does not
    have an network connection (tcp cable unplugged, on purpose )

    I use:
    - dotNET 2.0 (!!, Google searches place this behaviour with dotNET 1.0)
    - IIS 5,1
    - WinXP pro (activated & unactivated)
    - I have the problem in both a VMWare demo environment and my dev
    desktop
    - both systems are up to date with the latest updates.

    I have tried:
    - Adding IUSR & ASPNET to admin group
    - Altering Machine.config processModel to username=machinename/SYSTEM,
    password=AutoGenerate
    - Installed Loopback network adapter
    - removed/disabled some/all network adapters (the only thing I didn't
    do was physically removing them)
    - multiple aspnet_regiis / IIS reboots
    - changed rights & users in IIS admin console directory security.
    - I am local admin
    - The desktop & demo are not Domain Controllers, desktop is of a
    domain, the demo is member of a workgroup.
    - desktop has sdk installed, demo redistributable

    all with no results...

    Who can help me out?
    Papa.Coen, Mar 15, 2006

  2. Papa.Coen

    Papa.Coen Guest

    This problem occurs when developing/debugging/demonstrating the website
    on the localhost...
    Papa.Coen, Mar 15, 2006