    If anyone has any favorable experience with any of these, please share it
    with us.

    Thank you!

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?=, Jul 18, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?=

    Mischa Kroon Guest

    > If anyone has any favorable experience with any of these, please share it
    > with us.
    >
    > Thank you!

    Awstats is good.

    Google analytics is also pretty nice.

    Mischa Kroon, Jul 18, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?=

    Mike Lowery Guest

    "WebMatrix" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Our marketing department wants to analyze effectiveness of marketing
    > campaign, search engines submissions, keyword searches, etc.
    > I was assigned to look into different webserver log analyzers; Open Source
    > (GPL) software i.e http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ as well as commercial
    > software and paid services.
    >
    > If anyone has any favorable experience with any of these, please share it
    > with us.

    Been using awstats for a while now. It provides a good high-level overview but
    is a little lacking in flexibility.

    Mike Lowery, Jul 18, 2006

  4. > Been using awstats for a while now. It provides a good high-level overview but
    > is a little lacking in flexibility.

    Could you elaborate?

    =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?=, Jul 18, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?V2ViTWF0cml4?=

    Mike Lowery Guest

    "WebMatrix" <> wrote in message

    >> Been using awstats for a while now. It provides a good high-level overview
    >> but
    >> is a little lacking in flexibility.
    >>

    > Could you elaborate?

    There have been times where I wanted to see traffic patterns for a particular
    page and couldn't find an easy way to show that in awstats. In other words, you
    aren't able to do much filtering/manipulating of the displayed data.

    Also, the software creates its own log files and if you have a hiccup in the
    logging it can be difficult to recover/rebuild the stats. Setting up the
    awstats config file can also be tedious, especially when upgrading from earlier
    versions.

    Mike Lowery, Jul 19, 2006