website hits statistics analyzer

Guest

Hello,

Our marketing department wants to analyze effectiveness of marketing
campaign, search engines submissions, keyword searches, etc.
I was assigned to look into different webserver log analyzers; Open Source
(GPL) software i.e http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ as well as commercial
software and paid services.

If anyone has any favorable experience with any of these, please share it
with us.

Thank you!

Mike Lowery

WebMatrix said:
Hello,

Our marketing department wants to analyze effectiveness of marketing
campaign, search engines submissions, keyword searches, etc.
I was assigned to look into different webserver log analyzers; Open Source
(GPL) software i.e http://awstats.sourceforge.net/ as well as commercial
software and paid services.

If anyone has any favorable experience with any of these, please share it
with us.

Been using awstats for a while now. It provides a good high-level overview but
is a little lacking in flexibility.

Mike Lowery

WebMatrix said:
Could you elaborate?

There have been times where I wanted to see traffic patterns for a particular
page and couldn't find an easy way to show that in awstats. In other words, you
aren't able to do much filtering/manipulating of the displayed data.

Also, the software creates its own log files and if you have a hiccup in the
logging it can be difficult to recover/rebuild the stats. Setting up the
awstats config file can also be tedious, especially when upgrading from earlier
versions.