Website Login

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Curt_C [MVP], Feb 11, 2004.

  1. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    If it's stricktly menu items, I would just have a table of the premissions
    and read it in when the menu is built.
    As for how to maintain the user id, session value would be my choice.

    --
    Curt Christianson
    Owner/Lead Developer, DF-Software

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > If I have a public website on a server with SQL 2000 and wish to allow
    > customers and employees to have a login screen with special menu items

    only
    > for them, what is the best practice for storage of the username and
    > password? Do I store the usernames and passwords in active directory on

    the

    Jerry, Feb 11, 2004

  3. Curt_C [MVP]

    Curt_C [MVP] Guest

    Ahh...
    I prefer table, just encrypt them for storage in the DB, just in case ;}

    --

    "Jerry" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Curt,
    >
    > What I am looking for is what is the best practice for storing the

    usernames

    Curt_C [MVP], Feb 11, 2004
  4. Curt_C [MVP]

    Jerry Guest

    Jerry, Feb 11, 2004
  5. Curt_C [MVP]

    Felbrigg Guest

    Theres always XML.. Stick the file in a protected directory and your away.

    Felbrigg, Feb 11, 2004