Website Login

Curt_C [MVP]

If it's stricktly menu items, I would just have a table of the premissions
and read it in when the menu is built.
As for how to maintain the user id, session value would be my choice.

Jerry

If I have a public website on a server with SQL 2000 and wish to allow
customers and employees to have a login screen with special menu items only
for them, what is the best practice for storage of the username and
password? Do I store the usernames and passwords in active directory on the
server and set the permissions in the security file of the database?

Regards

Jerry

Thanks Curt,

What I am looking for is what is the best practice for storing the usernames
and PASSWORDS for a website. (Yahoo allows login for instance).
Should these be stored in Active Directory or on a table in SQL 2000?

Regards