Website Reference Aliases Not Exposed?

Martin Douglas

Using VS2005, Win32 projects expose on the properties of a reference
the "Aliases" property, which defaults to "global" for a value. Here
one can define in comma-delimitted format a list of aliases for the
referenced assembly. In turn, during the build process, csc.exe will
use the entries as /reference:myalias switches.

I cannot find where the IDE exposes the same thing for web sites. I
looked under the references -- all one can do is add/remove them and
change their path. I also checked under the website's properties...
there is not even a place to specify command-line switches unlike the
Win32 counterpart.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? Even a manual hack of some

config file would suffice.

Without it, my "extern alias SomeAlias;" code line cannot possibly
compile.

Thanks!

- MD

Martin Douglas

Any suggestions on another group to pose this question to? I already
tried the IDE group.

I am still stuck.

Thx...

Martin Douglas

I received an excellent reply to this via e-mail, but have
subsequently misplaced it. Could the sender resend please? Thanks