    characters of a search result (i.e. enough to make sure they know what it is
    but not enough to mess up the formatting of the page) ?

    Any online tutorials etc. much appreciated.

    John Smith, Jul 4, 2003

  2. John Smith

    Atrax Guest

    > Is there a way of only displaying the first 30
    > characters of a search result

    Left()

    see the VBScript docs at http://msdn.microsoft.com/scripting/

    Why? Why was I programmed to feel pain?

    Atrax. MVP, IIS
    http://rtfm.atrax.co.uk/

    newsflash : Atrax.Richedit 1.0 now released.
    click the link above!

    Atrax, Jul 4, 2003

  3. John Smith

    Evertjan. Guest

    Atrax wrote on 04 jul 2003 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
    >> Is there a way of only displaying the first 30
    >> characters of a search result

    > Left()

    Using Left what is Left out is the stuff on the Right,
    so that what is Left is the stuff on the Left ?

    Right ?

    ;-)

    --
    Evertjan.