Website Showing Public and Private Information (Web Page Inheritance)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mr Flibble, Jun 6, 2006.

  1. Mr Flibble

    Mr Flibble Guest

    I have a webpage that will display a mixture of publically available
    information (in tables) and private information (again probably
    tabulated). I want to have a lot of these pages that are basically all
    different apart from the publically available info which will reside in
    all of them (in short a different page for each user in the system). Is
    it possible to use Asp.Net inheritance to solve this problem? Can I
    have a webpage that inherits from some "base page" and then adds it own
    stuff into the mix?

    Can anyone point me in the right direction with regards to what I should
    go and read-up on, or places where I can perhaps find Asp.Net samples
    that demonstrate this functionality.

    Also perhaps some keywords for me to type into google?

    I dont mind reading so long as I know what it is exactly I'm searching for!

    Many thanks :)

    Flibble

    Mr Flibble, Jun 6, 2006