Website stability

TCORDON

I have finished development of a web portal, before putting it online, is
there a list of things that I should check in order to make sure there are
no possible crashes when it gets 'hopefully' thousands of visits (session
variable use, connections to DB, server hardware, etc.)

TIA

JohnFol

Have a look at using the Application Centre test tool that ships with .Net

It will allow you to simulate multiple users / sessions hitting your site,
and logs http errors, requests per second etc. Then, behind the scenes you
can check processor usage etc using perf mon