    somefile.pdf'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct."

    Ideas???

    , Feb 20, 2007

  2. bruce barker Guest

    unc will not work. create a page that returns a document based on name
    (or id) and checks access. then put all the docs in a folder that is not
    served by iis. the treeview will render a link to the display page with
    the doc identified.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Feb 20, 2007

  3. You might want to use the Response.WriteFile method to grab the file from
    the private server yourself and send it to the user (after you've verified
    their credentials of course.)
    Here's more info:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...fSystemWebHttpResponseClassWriteFileTopic.asp

    Alternately, you could store the files in a database to automate file
    management chores. Here are more details on that approach:
    http://SteveOrr.net/articles/EasyUploads.aspx

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Feb 21, 2007