websphere, oracle, netscape: netscape timeout

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tom, Aug 2, 2003.

  1. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Hi,

    I work with JSP and Servelt like this :
    JSP(1) ==> Servlet (forward) ==> JSP(2)

    The last JSP(2) calls functions in oracle packages then (should) send
    the data to the browser.

    The trouble is when I invoke this JSP, netscape returns a message "the
    document contained no data, please
    contact your administrator, or try again later" after few minutes (< 6
    min).

    what should I do to prevent netscape from reaching its timeout?
    Can I start sending data from the JSP to netscape before the jsp has
    finished all the requests to the database?
    Or shall I send pieces of message to the browser punctually till the
    JSP is able to send the whole data from the database?

    If so, how can I perform this?

    Thanks a lot

    Tom, Aug 2, 2003