webstart and java.util.Preferences ?

Carsten Zerbst

Hi,

we'd like to enable some off our applications for webstart.
These use the preferences api, currently with the file system
implementation. Are there any solutions for preferences with webstart ?
Otherwise we'd need to implement our own provider, which I would like to
avoid.

Bye, Carsten

S. Balk

we'd like to enable some off our applications for webstart.
These use the preferences api, currently with the file system
implementation. Are there any solutions for preferences with webstart ?
Otherwise we'd need to implement our own provider, which I would like to
avoid.

I am using it with webstart, so it's possible, but you need to sign your
jar-files, otherwise the SecurityManager will throw exceptions