    Gerbrand van Dieijen

    WWW: http://twisted.warande.net
    ICQ: 19345450
    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Jul 21, 2003

  2. Gerbrand van Dieijen

    Dale King Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hello,
    >
    > what setting do I have to add to a jnlp file to prevent the
    > "Do you want to make shortcuts..." dialog?
    >
    > I have a webstart application what should only be started from
    > a website, so I don't want the shortcuts be created.

    I know there is a way to prevent the app from even showing up in the list
    within webstart. You can only start it from the web page. This would also
    prevent it from creating shortcuts. You do this by not putting the href
    attribut in your <jnlp> tag. See the "What's up" application at
    http://www.up2go.net for an example.
    --
    Dale King
    Dale King, Jul 23, 2003

  3. On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 03:08:36 GMT, Dale King wrote:
    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> I have a webstart application what should only be started from
    >> a website, so I don't want the shortcuts be created.
    >>

    >I know there is a way to prevent the app from even showing up in the list
    >within webstart. You can only start it from the web page. This would also
    >prevent it from creating shortcuts. You do this by not putting the href
    >attribut in your <jnlp> tag. See the "What's up" application at
    >http://www.up2go.net for an example.

    Many thanks! Of course it would be so easy %-|.

    Gerbrand van Dieijen, Jul 23, 2003