Webtop development

carmelo

Hi everybody,
I would like to develop a webtop on which running desktop-like web
applications. What do you think is the best technology for this
purpose? What about GWT?

Arne Vajhøj

I would like to develop a webtop on which running desktop-like web
applications. What do you think is the best technology for this
purpose? What about GWT?

GWT is absolutely a possibility.

If you want to write Java code, then it may even be the best
option.

Arne

carmelo

GWT is absolutely a possibility.
If you want to write Java code, then it may even be the best
option.

Thank you for your answer Arne.

Do you know ExtGWT too?

I'm thinking about hiring a GWT programmer, could you be interested?
Please contact me on csaffi [at] tiscali(dot)com

markspace

Hi everybody,
I would like to develop a webtop on which running desktop-like web
applications. What do you think is the best technology for this
purpose? What about GWT?

What exactly is "webtop"? You mean a web app that acts like a desktop
app, with JavaScript pop-ups dialogs and such?

I agree with Arne that Java itself should at least be considered. Is
there a reason why you think Java wouldn't work but a browser would?
With all the compatibility issues among different browsers (IE in
particular), I think I'd rather use Java. You could just embed an
applet in the web page and use that exclusively.