WebUIValidation.js script error

mangia

I don’t understand why my ASP.NET, the ‘Login to site’ link, WORKs locally,
running via VS 2008 on my local development computer with IE8 and Fire Fox,
however the same page/link does NOT fire correctly on the Host Department
'live' server.

This use to work fine and I want to blame Host Department (smile) but I have
nothing to tell them to correct. Anyone else having similar problems with
using the
ASP.NET LoginView control?

To duplicate IE 'Error on page'
1) Goto www.imangia.net
2) Enter any login name and password (text does not matter)
3) Click 'Login to Site' link
4) View IE script 'Error on page' message in IE bottom left corner.

Details of the error are:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0;
SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR
3.0.30618)
Timestamp: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 23:38:18 UTC

Message: 'event' is null or not an object
Line: 128
Char: 5
Code: 0
URI:
http://www.imangia.net/aspnet_client/system_web/2_0_50727/WebUIValidation.js

mangia

This problem has been identified and resolved but I believe there is an MS
bug to fix somewhere in this...

I have a <asp:Login> control on my page which use to use a link button (i.e.
LoginButtonType="Link") This page yields a java script error in the
WebUIValidation.js (see below).

If I remove the LoginButtonType property or change LoginButtonType="Link"
to either LoginButtonType="Button" or LoginButtonType="Image", the exact same
page works fine. Who would have guessed?

<asp:Login ID="Login1" runat="server"
LoginButtonType="Link" <%-- Error of page --%>
<%--LoginButtonType="Button" works fine --%>
<%--LoginButtonType="Image" works fine --%>
UserNameLabelText="Email"
PasswordLabelText="Password"
FailureText="Login failed!"
MembershipProvider="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider">
</asp:Login>