WebUIValidation.js

Morten

Hi!

I've developed an application that uses forms based authentication. The
logon page uses the file WebUIValidation.js a couple of places and the file
is located in the right place on the server. I have a user who uses a Linux
browser which gives the following error when he tries to log in:

http://server/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js:
SyntaxError: Parse error at line 342

It works without errors in IE6. Does anybody have any idea if this is
something that I can fix somehow?

Best regards

Morten

Chris R. Timmons

Hi!

I've developed an application that uses forms based
authentication. The logon page uses the file WebUIValidation.js
a couple of places and the file is located in the right place on
the server. I have a user who uses a Linux browser which gives
the following error when he tries to log in:

http://server/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.j
s: SyntaxError: Parse error at line 342

It works without errors in IE6. Does anybody have any idea if
this is something that I can fix somehow?

Morten,

Not sure why the Linux browser is choking on that code...

A simple but drastic fix would be to turn off client-side validation
for all of the validators on the page (set EnableClientScript to
false).

Another way would be to conditionally turn client-side validation on
or off depending on which browser requested the page:

// Untested code.
bool canBrowserHandleValidation =
(this.Request.Browser.Type.ToUpper() == "IE6");

foreach (Control ctrl in this.Controls)
{
if (ctrl is BaseValidator)
((BaseValidator) ctrl).EnableClientScript =
canBrowserHandleValidation;

bruce barker

WebUIValidation.js uses proprietary IE methods and will choke any other
browser, for this reason .net usually suppresses client validation for any
browser other than IE. for some reason, the .net browser detect code thinks
the linux browser is IE, you need to update your browsercaps file.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)