    10MB and uses only one process! Top ammount of used memory is 17MB...

    --
    JZ
    JZ, Sep 19, 2003

  2. On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 14:35, JZ wrote:
    > How much memory WebKit should normally take??? As I can see, every
    > WebKit daemon takes over 40MB (sic!) of RAM. WebKit lauches 10 daemons
    > during startup, so I need over 400MB for WebKit alone! Is it normal or
    > I have something wrong configured? (used RedHat7 and Webware CVS
    > 2003-09-12)
    >
    > I compared the same with Windows XP Pro workstation. It takes only
    > 10MB and uses only one process! Top ammount of used memory is 17MB...
    >
    > --
    > JZ

    I think you may be counting all the threads that WebKit starts. On an
    older version of Linux like yours each thread shows up as it's own
    process. So I suspect WebKit is really using 40B total on Linux. not 10
    x 40M

    Regards
    Martin

    --
    Martin Franklin <>
    Martin Franklin, Sep 19, 2003

  3. jz> How much memory WebKit should normally take??? As I can see, every
    jz> WebKit daemon takes over 40MB (sic!) of RAM. WebKit lauches 10
    jz> daemons during startup, so I need over 400MB for WebKit alone! Is it
    jz> normal or I have something wrong configured? (used RedHat7 and
    jz> Webware CVS 2003-09-12)

    Most of that 40MB is probably shared between all processes (C libraries,
    etc). On the other hand, the Python bytecode, which should be sharable, is
    almost certainly loaded into the interpreter's data space, so isn't shared.
    I'd be surprised if it was very much of the total memory usage, however.

    Skip
    Skip Montanaro, Sep 19, 2003