Webware for Python 0.9 released

Christoph Zwerschke

Webware 0.9 has been released.

Webware for Python is a suite of Python packages and tools for
developing object-oriented, web-based applications. The suite uses well
known design patterns and includes a fast Application Server, Servlets,
Python Server Pages (PSP), Object-Relational Mapping, Task Scheduling,
Session Management, and many other features. Webware is very modular and
easily extended.

Webware for Python is well proven and platform-independent. It is
compatible with multiple web servers, database servers and operating
systems.

The new release includes numerous enhancements, additions and bug fixes
over the previous release. We can list only a few of them here:
* easier installation
* improved documentation
* improved examples
* bug fixes
* a built-in HTTP server for immediate "playing",
* a debug app server compatible with WingIDE and other debuggers
* support for the Kid templating language
* support for PostgreSQL
* better support for recent versions of Python including properties,
the object type and the datetime module

Check out the Webware for Python home page at http://w4py.org