weekly news update mailing list

Rijk van Harn

Can somone point me in the right direction ?

We have a ASP.net /SQL intranet website running,
I want that de site's sends automatic a email once a week.
that contains all updates that week.
i can create a SQL procedure that contains het selected data fields.

how to send a email once a week day ?
how to put a table with data into my email

Thanks in advance

Rijk van Harn

Rob Meade

Can somone point me in the right direction ?

We have a ASP.net /SQL intranet website running,
I want that de site's sends automatic a email once a week.
that contains all updates that week.
i can create a SQL procedure that contains het selected data fields.

how to send a email once a week day ?
how to put a table with data into my email

You could write a dts in sql server, and use a job to schedule it.

I wrote something similar recently in a stored procedure to use initially
xp_sendmail - but I found a few limitations with that, I wanted to have the
functionality of CDO for mail (ie, set importance, reply-to and so on) - I
asked around and found xp_smtp_sendmail (search google for this one) - lots
of goodies..

Hope this helps.

Regards

Rob