weird perl cgi problem

Darrian

Hi,
Got this really weird CGI problem. I use CGI module to output feedback
to the user after the user submits the form. This cgi script runs an
executable on the server side and will output the result after running
the executable. It actually outputs some message saying "please wait a
moment..." and then invokes the executable (it takes some time for the
exe to finish. normally 2-3 minutes) So during the period of time
user's browser is still waiting for the result. The problem I got is
5% of the time user browser does not get the result output and just
keeps waiting (connecting logo is active on IE6.0)although I am pretty
sure the output has been sent back (I know this because after the
output is printed out the final thing the CGI script does is cleaning
up temp files it creates. In the case when user does not get the
result output on server side those temp files have all been cleaned up
which means the "print ..." above cleaning up code should have been
executed.)
This is driving me nuts coz it does not happen all the time. Just 5%
of the time and I have no idea what's wrong. I wonder if somebody can
give me some help here.

Thanks.

Gregory Toomey

Darrian said:
Hi,
Got this really weird CGI problem. I use CGI module to output feedback
to the user after the user submits the form. This cgi script runs an
executable on the server side and will output the result after running
the executable.

Thank you for your Perl question The answer can be found in the following
state transition diagram http://www.teivovo.com/jokes/jokes029.html

gtoomey