Weird Problem: Auto-Jump page doesn't show up in "BACK" history

VB Programmer

I created a page which I am using to prevent the user from hitting the BACK
button. I'll call it my "Auto Jump" page. When it is called it basically
auto-redirects to a page specified in the QueryString. (We'll call the page
it goes to the "destination page".) If the user hits BACK on the
destination page it should goto the "Auto Jump" page which should put you
right back to where you hit the button.

In Page_Load of this "Auto Jump" page I simply put
"response.redirect(xxx.aspx)".

The redirect works fine! But, when I click the BACK button from the
"Destination Page" it goes to the page that called the "Auto Jump" page. In
the "BACK" button's history I don't see this "Auto Jump" page. Any ideas
why?

Thanks.

bruce barker

the browser does not cache a redirect response. you need to render a page
with a meta tag, or client code that redirects.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

VB Programmer

Could you provide an example? Thx!