Weird problem sending a Word doc/Adobe PDF to client

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Strange Cat, Oct 14, 2004.

  1. Strange Cat

    Strange Cat Guest

    Hello everyone!

    I have an app that does some reports (using the included .NET version of
    Crystal Reports), (almost) everything is ok.

    If the app is installed on some server boxes (looks like is on Windows 2000
    server boxes only) the client instead of displaying the correct report is
    presented with the login page! (I use windowsforms authentication), this is
    VERY weird! If the user puts the login info the report IS NOT displayed...

    Looks like it is an authorization problem... what I don't understand is why
    the problem occurs only on Win2000 boxes (all of them are members of
    domains, i dunno if it matters...).

    I use non-persistent cookies (insession).

    This is the code-fragment I use to send the report to the clients:
    ExpOpt = Report.ExportOptions
    With ExpOpt
    .DestinationOptions = DskOpt
    .ExportDestinationType = ExportDestinationType.DiskFile
    .ExportFormatType = ExportFormatType.WordForWindows
    End With

    Report.Export()

    With Response
    .ClearContent()