Weird problem with HTTPS and Request.Url.AbsoluteUri

Guest

Hi,

I am facing a weird problem with HTTPS and Request.Url.AbsoluteUri in my
ASP.NET application. Here is the scenario -
1. I have a menu page (Default.aspx), which has the following anchor -
2. The ApplicationHost.aspx has the following code in its Load event handler
-

'ASSUMPTION -
'Request.Url.AbsoluteUri - returns -
http://localhost/myWebApp/ApplicationHost.aspx

fileName = System.IO.Path.GetFileName(Request.Url.AbsoluteUri)
path = Request.Url.AbsoluteUri.Replace(fileName,
"myIEApp/EngineConfig.aspx")

'DEBUGGING -
Response.Write(path)

Return

3. Open IE, and use this URL - http://190.160.70.10/myWebApp/Default.aspx.
Next click on the Open Application link. The result is -
http://190.160.70.10/myWebApp/myIEApp/EngineConfig.aspx

4. Open IE, and use this URL (NOTE - using HTTPS) -
https://191.161.71.11/myWebApp/Default.aspx. Next click on the Open
Application link. the result is -
http://191.161.71.11/myWebApp/myIEApp/EngineConfig.aspx

PROBLEM - the result has HTTP instead of HTTPS!!!!!

A thing I notice in IE - When I access the site from HTTPS, I do not see the
lock icon in IE window. I am not sure why. The HTTPS access is via a external
server so do not have much details there.

Has anybody faced a similar problem or has some insight into what could be
going wrong?

Thanks & Regards,
Dhwanil Shah

Bruce Barker

most likely the iis server is not running https itself, but the support has
been offloaded to a frontend bridge/router/proxy. the router uses https to
client (browser) but uses http to the iis box.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)