Weird Rendering Problem

Michael Satterwhite

I have a page that is rendering fine under IE, but does not even begin to
honor the styles under Firefox. The weird part is that it's only on one
server that it does this.

I have a local Apache2 server that I do development on. The page renders
fine on it on three different browsers. When I transfer it to a public
server, it still works under IE, but not under anything else. This implies
to me that there is something different in the browser configuration - but
for the life of me, I can't think of what that configuration parameter
would be.

I know the people here have done a lot of work on different browsers,
servers, etc. Can anyone think of something that might cause this behavior?

If you want to look at either the page source or the stylesheet for any
reason, they are at

www.weblore.com/lindinger/about.html
www.weblore.com/lindinger/styles/main2.css

Steve Pugh

Michael Satterwhite said:
I have a local Apache2 server that I do development on. The page renders
fine on it on three different browsers. When I transfer it to a public
server, it still works under IE, but not under anything else. This implies
to me that there is something different in the browser configuration

Server configuration, not browser.

is being sent out with a content-type header of text/plain instead of
text/css. Fix that.

Steve

Michael Satterwhite

Steve said:
Server configuration, not browser.

is being sent out with a content-type header of text/plain instead of
text/css. Fix that.

That was it. Thanks much!
---Michael