Weirdness... huh? (specified web server not running ASP.NET version 1.1)

VB Programmer

My development machine has been working perfectly, writing ASP.NET apps,
etc...

I just went to open a project and it said:
"Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is not
running ASP.NET version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web apps or
services."

I reran "aspnet_regiis -i " but it still gives me the error. Here's the
output:
C:\Documents and Settings\MyName>aspnet_regiis -i
Start installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).
Finished installing ASP.NET (1.1.4322.0).

Any ideas?

I didn't uninstall/install anything recently.

Hmmm... :(

Thanks.

Chris Moore

Have you checked to see if any of the normal services have stopped (like
the web publishing service), tried iisreset, etc? It's a long shot, but a
possibility.

Chris