Weirdness in LogonUser

David Thielen

If I call

IntPtr tokenHandle = new IntPtr(0);
bool returnValue = LogonUser("dave", "windward", "bogus",
LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS, LOGON32_PROVIDER_DEFAULT, ref tokenHandle);

The returnValue == true and I can successfully create a WindowsIdentity from
the passed in tokenHandle, impersonate it, etc. The thing is - that is not my
password.

Any ideas?

--
thanks - dave
david_at_windward_dot_net

Luke Zhang [MSFT]

Hello Dave,

What did you mean "that is not my password."? The password value you
specify in LogonUser() is "bogus". Is it not your actual password?

Sincerely,

Luke Zhang

Microsoft Online Community Support
ications.

Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]

Hello,

this is the normal bevhavior with LOGON32_LOGON_NEW_CREDENTIALS, as Windows
can not validate the credential.

But remote access will fail if the password is wrong.

Best regards,
Henning Krause