Weired start page...

Guest

Hello, friend,

I have two web pages in my new created project. I set one of them as start
page.

However, in start page, although I have action="secondpage.aspx", after it
was displayed in IE, asp.net changed it to action="firstpage.aspx".

I then removed action="secondpage.aspx" from firstpage.aspx. After it was
displayed in IE, asp.net added action="firstpage.aspx".

Any ideas? It did not make any sense to me.

Thanks a lot.

James Fujino

Andrew,
I'm guessing that you are trying to post a form on firstpage.aspx to
process on secondpage.aspx. If you are using asp.net 1.1 this doesn't
work. Asp.net 1.1 does not allow what is known as cross-page posting.

Asp.net 2.0 does allow this however the action page is not specified in
the form tag. There is a property called PostBackUrl in the Button
object, and probably other objects, where you specify the page to post
back to.

With asp.net you need to change the way of thinking from 2 page forms
to single page form and action pages. Its actually nicer and easier to
maintain.

Sincerely,
james Fujino