welcome-file-list entry with query string/variables? (tomcat)

Chris Lott

I'd like to do something like this:
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>
today.html?sort_order=title
</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

But it fails because of the query string. Is there a way to do this?

Chris Smith

Chris Lott said:
I'd like to do something like this:
<welcome-file-list>
<welcome-file>
today.html?sort_order=title
</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

But it fails because of the query string. Is there a way to do this?

You could map a servlet that redirects to that URL.

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation

Chris Lott

Thanks... looks like I am going to have to learn a little bit of java--
I just need this one small tweak on a vendor's app :)

Tim B

Chris Lott said:
Thanks... looks like I am going to have to learn a little bit of java--
I just need this one small tweak on a vendor's app :)

another possibility is to map a jsp which redirects to that url using the
<jsp:forward> tag, e.g.

<jsp:forward page="mytarget.jsp">
<jsp:param name="sort_order" value="title"/>
</jsp:forward>

this would probably be simpler than using a servlet if you don't know Java