    Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
    some that you think are well designed? Thanks!
    , Nov 27, 2003

  2. wrote:
    > Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
    > some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

    <plug type="shameless">My blog, tw.ecritters.biz.</plug>
    Leif K-Brooks, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Whitecrest Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
    > some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

    Well designed is in the eyes of the beholder. It depends on what you
    are looking for.

    --
    Whitecrest Entertainment
    www.whitecrestent.com
    Whitecrest, Nov 27, 2003
  4. Safalra Guest

    wrote in message news:<>...
    > Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
    > some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

    I depends on what you mean by 'well designed'. I think in terms of
    usability rather than appearance. It's a bit vain to recommend my own
    site (plus it's incomplete at the moment), so instead I'll suggest
    this site by a usability expert:

    http://www.useit.com/

    (The Alertbox section has many tips on usable design - don't be put
    off by the silly 'sigma' stuff...)

    --- Stephen Morley ---
    http://www.safalra.com
    Safalra, Nov 27, 2003
  5. Barefoot Kid Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    | Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
    | some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

    if u want to see the best lookin' sites try these;

    http://www.coolhomepages.com/
    http://www.linkdup.com/
    http://www.ultrashock.com/ (go to the forum, then into bombshock awards recap)
    http://www.thebestdesigns.com/
    http://www.flashkit.com
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319
    Barefoot Kid, Nov 27, 2003
  6. kchayka Guest

    Barefoot Kid wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you

    please
    >> list some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

    > if u want to see the best lookin' sites try these;

    If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments,
    but more than likely have serious usability or accessibility problems
    (not to mention fragile layouts that easily fall apart), then visit the
    sites you mentioned.

    Sites that are well-designed for web media (adaptable, scalable) and are
    also nice to look at are really few and far between.

    --
    To email a reply, remove (dash)un(dash). Mail sent to the un
    address is considered spam and automatically deleted.
    kchayka, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Barefoot Kid Guest

    "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    | If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments

    correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319
    Barefoot Kid, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Brian Guest

    Barefoot Kid wrote:
    > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    > | If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments
    >
    > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...

    Presumably, these are your designs?

    Micro fonts. Big empty boxes. Falls apart when I adjust the font
    size back to what I specified in my browser.

    Looks like the same old lousy designs that I see every day on the www.

    --
    Brian
    follow the directions in my address to email me
    Brian, Nov 29, 2003
  9. Barefoot Kid Guest

    "Brian" <-remove-this-part> wrote in message
    | Barefoot Kid wrote:
    | > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    | > | If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments
    | >
    | > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
    |
    | Presumably, these are your designs?
    |
    | Micro fonts. Big empty boxes. Falls apart when I adjust the font
    | size back to what I specified in my browser.
    |
    | Looks like the same old lousy designs that I see every day on the www.

    errr no they ain't mine....
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319
    Barefoot Kid, Nov 29, 2003
  10. kchayka Guest

    Barefoot Kid wrote:

    > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    > | If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments
    >
    > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...

    ....in _some_ browsing environments.

    More often than not, it ain't mine so many of these "fantastic" looking
    sites are unusable for me. They are simply more examples of useless
    form over function.

    kchayka, Nov 29, 2003
  11. Barefoot Kid Guest

    "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    | Barefoot Kid wrote:
    |
    | > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    | > | If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments
    | >
    | > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
    |
    | ...in _some_ browsing environments.

    correction in *most* environments
    Hung Diep
    New Media Designer
    www.intro-spect.co.uk
    0795 6576 319
    Barefoot Kid, Nov 29, 2003
  12. Brian Guest

    Barefoot Kid wrote:
    > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    > | Barefoot Kid wrote:
    > |
    > | > "kchayka" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
    > |
    > | ...in _some_ browsing environments.
    >
    > correction in *most* environments

    And praytell, how do you know that?

    Brian, Nov 30, 2003
    Owen Jacobson, Nov 30, 2003
  14. Brian Guest

    Owen Jacobson wrote:

    > Oh, not this thread again.

    Fair enough. I'll bow out of the argument that's sure to follow.

    Brian, Dec 1, 2003