Well designed web sites?

delerious

Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

Leif K-Brooks

Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
some that you think are well designed? Thanks!
<plug type="shameless">My blog, tw.ecritters.biz.</plug>

Whitecrest

Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

Well designed is in the eyes of the beholder. It depends on what you
are looking for.

Safalra

Is there a list of well designed web sites anywhere? Or could you please list
some that you think are well designed? Thanks!

I depends on what you mean by 'well designed'. I think in terms of
usability rather than appearance. It's a bit vain to recommend my own
site (plus it's incomplete at the moment), so instead I'll suggest
this site by a usability expert:

http://www.useit.com/

(The Alertbox section has many tips on usable design - don't be put
off by the silly 'sigma' stuff...)

--- Stephen Morley ---
http://www.safalra.com

kchayka

Barefoot said:
if u want to see the best lookin' sites try these;

If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments,
but more than likely have serious usability or accessibility problems
(not to mention fragile layouts that easily fall apart), then visit the
sites you mentioned.

Sites that are well-designed for web media (adaptable, scalable) and are
also nice to look at are really few and far between.

Barefoot Kid

| If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments

correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...

Brian

Barefoot said:
| If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments

correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...

Presumably, these are your designs?

Micro fonts. Big empty boxes. Falls apart when I adjust the font
size back to what I specified in my browser.

Looks like the same old lousy designs that I see every day on the www.

Barefoot Kid

| > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
|
| Presumably, these are your designs?
|
| Micro fonts. Big empty boxes. Falls apart when I adjust the font
| size back to what I specified in my browser.
|
| Looks like the same old lousy designs that I see every day on the www.

errr no they ain't mine....

kchayka

Barefoot said:
| If you want to see sites that may look OK in some browsing environments

correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...

....in _some_ browsing environments.

More often than not, it ain't mine so many of these "fantastic" looking
sites are unusable for me. They are simply more examples of useless
form over function.

Barefoot Kid

| > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
|
| ...in _some_ browsing environments.

correction in *most* environments

Brian

Barefoot said:

| > correction some of these site FANTASTIC to look at...
|
| ...in _some_ browsing environments.

correction in *most* environments

And praytell, how do you know that?

Owen Jacobson