We're Mad As Hell And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore

Discussion in 'HTML' started by kayodeok, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. kayodeok

    kayodeok Guest

    [Please check your calendars before flaming me]

    We're Mad As Hell And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore
    http://hownow.brownpau.com/index.html

    The web is a mess. We're tired of this deluge of <font> tags, nested
    tables, spacer GIFs, and broken HTML. We're tired of having to make
    separate pages for Netscape 4 users and adding "?printable=1" query
    strings to URLs just to come up with text only output.

    We're tired of unclosed tags and unquoted HTML tag attributes. We're
    tired of <p> used as a line break. We're tired of tables within tables
    of cellpadding=1 and a bgcolor used just to make single pixel borders.
    We're tired of numeric permalink anchors which give us validation
    errors just because the id attribute needs a value that starts with a
    letter. We're tired of line after line of useless "happy text" web
    page copy, pushing the real meat of the page below the fold.

    We're tired of Microsoft Internet Explorer.

    We're taking this to Washington. We're taking this to Congress. We're
    taking back the Semantic Web. (Whatever that is.)

    Be at the National Mall, Washington, DC, in front of the Capitol
    Reflecting Pool on 01 Apr 2004 at 10:00 AM. Bring your pickets. Bring
    your iBooks. Bring food and Pepsi. (And someone bring a really strong
    wireless range extender antenna or something.) We want to show the
    movers and shakers of this great country that it could be greater if
    only every website was required to follow structural, usable, valid,
    standards-based markup. We want them to know how important web
    standards are to our nation and to the world!

    See you there.

    --
    Kayode Okeyode
    http://www.kayodeok.co.uk/weblog/
    kayodeok, Apr 1, 2004

  2. kayodeok

    Hywel Guest

    Hywel, Apr 1, 2004

  3. kayodeok

    kayodeok Guest

    kayodeok, Apr 1, 2004
  4. Quoth the raven named Hywel:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >
    >>[Please check your calendars before flaming me]
    >>
    >>We're Mad As Hell And We're Not Going To Take It Anymore
    >>http://hownow.brownpau.com/index.html
    >>

    > That page contributes to the mess. Try validating it - 42 errors in a
    > 77 line document.

    Heh, the source does say:

    I hope the irony of this site's markup is not lost on you.

    It displays way down in the fine print footer, too. <g>

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 1, 2004
  5. kayodeok

    Jon Guest

    And colour had a u as did favourite when they left the UK with Columbas et
    al, so put them back

    and so on....

    :)

    Jon