Wget-like for Perl

Penguin_X

Hi All ! First of all, sorry for my poor English. I'm still working on that.

I'm looking to build a program in Perl that download HTML code from many
web pages. I'm looking for something like "wget" that may GET a html
page and save in onto my HD. Everything else is fine, except that.

The goal is to build a SMS-News Sender via SMTP protocol. You know that
you can't send more than 128 characters at the same time with SMS, so I
can't have my news on cellular. I want to wrote something that will
extract only important stuff from many websites and send only one e-mail
via SMS. A Maximum 120 characters per e-mail.

Thanks a lot !

Truly.

Josef Moellers

Penguin_X said:
Hi All ! First of all, sorry for my poor English. I'm still working on
that.

I'm looking to build a program in Perl that download HTML code from many
web pages. I'm looking for something like "wget" that may GET a html
page and save in onto my HD. Everything else is fine, except that.

Have a look at the LWP modules on a CPAN mirror near you.

Tad McClellan

Penguin_X said:
I'm looking for something like "wget" that may GET a html
page and save in onto my HD.

perldoc -q HTML

How do I remove HTML from a string?

How do I fetch an HTML file?

How do I automate an HTML form submission?

Penguin_X

Tad said:
perldoc -q HTML

How do I remove HTML from a string?

How do I fetch an HTML file?

How do I automate an HTML form submission?
This way works fine. Thanks.