What a mess: Date, milliseconds, GregorianCalendar

Erwin Moller

P.Hill said:
Apparently so, judging from the arguments that can erupt over such
calculations. In the interest of trying to avoid having to explain this
yet again to another person who thinks they know the answer and trying to
point out that ( day1Milliseconds - day2Milliseconds ) /
MILLISECONDS_PER_DAY is NOT the correct answer for many values of day1 and
day2 I suggest you, the reader interested in this problem, see:
http://www.xmission.com/~goodhill/dates/deltaDates.html

If you have any suggestions for improvements to the article or code,
please let me know.

-Paul Hill

Great summary Paul!

Thanks from the OP for making a website on this issue. :)
I hope futher newbies on the matter, like me, will find it too.

Regards,
Erwin Moller