    I think its rather good, though i didn't test it on Mozilla nor Opera.

    Regards,
    Samuël van Laere
    Samuël van Laere, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Samuël van Laere

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:37:20 GMT, "Samuël van Laere" <>
    declared in alt.html:

    > http://outer-court.com

    What is this? What makes you think you can submit a site for review
    where both the (X)HTML and the CSS actually validate?

    Is this your site? If so, why does it have Philipp Lenssen's name on it?
    And if it isn't, why are you asking?

    Anyway, assuming it is actually your site:

    I quite like the look of it, though the colour scheme seems a bit bland
    to me. Perhaps that is the intent. Actually, it is unclear what the
    purpose of the site itself is - you need to state that clearly on the
    front page.

    Horizontal scrollbar at full screen 1024x768. (Moz1.6)

    Don't specify font sizes in px or pt - users of IE (and NS4) can't
    resize the text to something reasonable.

    The text doesn't fit over the background images properly once font size
    is increased a bit, but I guess you probably expected that.

    The CSS file is pretty big - it could definitely be reduced in size, as
    there are at least a few styles that are defined more than once,
    including some that contradict each other.

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Jan 30, 2004

  3. "Mark Parnell" <> schreef in bericht

    > What is this? What makes you think you can submit a site for review
    > where both the (X)HTML and the CSS actually validate?

    I know its valid, thats not why i posted it.

    > Is this your site? If so, why does it have Philipp Lenssen's name on it?
    > And if it isn't, why are you asking?

    No its not my site, though i wouldn't mind having a site like that.
    You'll find the reason for asking in this post.

    > Anyway, assuming it is actually your site:

    See previous point.

    > I quite like the look of it, though the colour scheme seems a bit bland
    > to me. Perhaps that is the intent. Actually, it is unclear what the
    > purpose of the site itself is - you need to state that clearly on the
    > front page.

    Thats why i posted this particular website, i just like to know what others
    think of the design.
    Its valid markup and css, but the design itself struct me. Didn't know CSS
    could do that.

    > Horizontal scrollbar at full screen 1024x768. (Moz1.6)
    >
    > Don't specify font sizes in px or pt - users of IE (and NS4) can't
    > resize the text to something reasonable.

    Some parts do resize, but perhaps its this MS tool that did the trick.

    > The text doesn't fit over the background images properly once font size
    > is increased a bit, but I guess you probably expected that.
    >
    > The CSS file is pretty big - it could definitely be reduced in size, as
    > there are at least a few styles that are defined more than once,
    > including some that contradict each other.

    I haven't tested it under other browsers but IE6.
    What i didn't expect was your post, so chill out and relax :)

    Regards,
    Samuël
    Samuël van Laere, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Samuël van Laere

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 03:38:55 GMT, "Samuël van Laere"
    <> declared in alt.html:
    > "Mark Parnell" <> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> What is this? What makes you think you can submit a site for review
    >> where both the (X)HTML and the CSS actually validate?

    > I know its valid, thats not why i posted it.

    I was just being cheeky. Forgot the smiley, sorry. Here you go. :)

    >> I quite like the look of it, though the colour scheme seems a bit bland
    >> to me. Perhaps that is the intent. Actually, it is unclear what the
    >> purpose of the site itself is - you need to state that clearly on the
    >> front page.

    > Thats why i posted this particular website, i just like to know what others
    > think of the design.
    > Its valid markup and css, but the design itself struct me. Didn't know CSS
    > could do that.

    A lot of it is images. ;-) I assume you have seen
    http://www.csszengarden.com ? Some of them are quite nice.

    > What i didn't expect was your post, so chill out and relax :)

    I'm relaxed. You just didn't really make your intentions clear in your
    original post, so I had to take it at its face value, which was a
    critique request.

    Apologies for the misunderstanding. :)

    Mark Parnell, Jan 30, 2004
  5. "Mark Parnell" <> schreef in bericht

    > A lot of it is images. ;-) I assume you have seen
    > http://www.csszengarden.com ? Some of them are quite nice.

    Well i did look at all the csszengarden designs, some a really good.
    But i find it to be advanced stuff.

    > I'm relaxed. You just didn't really make your intentions clear in your
    > original post, so I had to take it at its face value, which was a
    > critique request.
    >
    > Apologies for the misunderstanding. :)

    No problem Mark, apologies accepted :)
    Samuël van Laere, Jan 30, 2004