    it currently is. What am I doing wrong?

    Thank you!

    Leslie
    Leslie, Oct 19, 2003

  2. In article <>, garbage123
    @bessiebee.com says...
    > The page in question:
    > http://www.bessiebee.com/TestPages/washington_sports.html
    >

    > Still struggling with CSS....
    >
    > According the the W3C validator this pages validates as HTML 4.01
    > Transitional and CSS, but the layout is not what I want.
    >
    > Sports Schedules 2003-2004 should be at the top of the page, not where
    > it currently is. What am I doing wrong?

    It's relatively positioned to the other objects on the page. How about
    absolutely positioning the "container" with left and top specified?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://hyweljenkins.co.uk/
    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 19, 2003

  3. Leslie

    Leslie Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:13:55 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, garbage123
    >@bessiebee.com says...
    >> The page in question:
    >> http://www.bessiebee.com/TestPages/washington_sports.html
    >>

    >> Still struggling with CSS....
    >>
    >> According the the W3C validator this pages validates as HTML 4.01
    >> Transitional and CSS, but the layout is not what I want.
    >>
    >> Sports Schedules 2003-2004 should be at the top of the page, not where
    >> it currently is. What am I doing wrong?

    >It's relatively positioned to the other objects on the page. How about
    >absolutely positioning the "container" with left and top specified?

    I've tried this:

    #container{
    position: absolute;
    margin-left: 300px;
    margin-top: 5px;
    }

    and it moves the text up just a few pixels.....

    AHA! I found it! I added position: absolute; to #left and now my
    text is at the top of the page. I thought I'd tried everything before
    my first post.....

    Continuing to struggle along..... Thanks!!

    Leslie
    Leslie, Oct 19, 2003
  4. In article <>, garbage123
    @bessiebee.com says...
    > On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:13:55 +0100, Hywel Jenkins
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>, garbage123
    > >@bessiebee.com says...
    > >> The page in question:
    > >> http://www.bessiebee.com/TestPages/washington_sports.html
    > >>

    > >> Still struggling with CSS....
    > >>
    > >> According the the W3C validator this pages validates as HTML 4.01
    > >> Transitional and CSS, but the layout is not what I want.
    > >>
    > >> Sports Schedules 2003-2004 should be at the top of the page, not where
    > >> it currently is. What am I doing wrong?

    > >It's relatively positioned to the other objects on the page. How about
    > >absolutely positioning the "container" with left and top specified?

    > I've tried this:
    >
    > #container{
    > position: absolute;
    > margin-left: 300px;
    > margin-top: 5px;
    > }

    #container
    {
    position: absolute;
    left: 0px;
    top: 0px;
    margin-left: 300px;
    margin-top: 5px;

    Hywel Jenkins, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Leslie

    Safalra Guest

    Safalra, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Leslie

    dante Guest

    ..topBanner {
    position:absolute;
    top:0;
    left:0;
    width:100%;
    height:150px;
    padding:10px;
    margin:0;
    background-color:#369;
    color:white
    }

    <!-- Add HTML for Top Banner ?logo?image?adv.? -->Top Banner Code

    Regards

    dante, Oct 20, 2003