What am I doing wrong??-another CSS question

Hywel Jenkins

garbage123 said:
The page in question:
http://www.bessiebee.com/TestPages/washington_sports.html

Still struggling with CSS....

According the the W3C validator this pages validates as HTML 4.01
Transitional and CSS, but the layout is not what I want.

Sports Schedules 2003-2004 should be at the top of the page, not where
it currently is. What am I doing wrong?

It's relatively positioned to the other objects on the page. How about
absolutely positioning the "container" with left and top specified?

Leslie

It's relatively positioned to the other objects on the page. How about
absolutely positioning the "container" with left and top specified?

I've tried this:

#container{
position: absolute;
margin-left: 300px;
margin-top: 5px;
}

and it moves the text up just a few pixels.....

AHA! I found it! I added position: absolute; to #left and now my
text is at the top of the page. I thought I'd tried everything before
my first post.....

Continuing to struggle along..... Thanks!!

Leslie

Hywel Jenkins

garbage123 said:
I've tried this:

#container{
position: absolute;
margin-left: 300px;
margin-top: 5px;
}

#container
{
position: absolute;
left: 0px;
top: 0px;
margin-left: 300px;
margin-top: 5px;

dante

..topBanner {
position:absolute;
top:0;
left:0;
width:100%;
height:150px;
padding:10px;
margin:0;
background-color:#369;
color:white
}

<!-- Add HTML for Top Banner ?logo?image?adv.? -->Top Banner Code

Regards